Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Whoa Baby...The Countdown Has Begun!!!

We're 9 months pregnant and on our way to parenthood!
I had my 36 week Dr. Appt today and baby is definitely getting ready to go. She has dropped and is in position. I am 90% effaced and 1 cm dilated. Yikes! Things are moving along (very quickly) . We could have a baby any day now or I could walk around like this for a month. Everyone is different and there is no way to predict anything. So, I guess I should get moving and get everything done just in case. We're sitting pretty good but I still have a bunch of clothes to wash and put away in the nursery and a few more things to buy. I'm also trying to get all of my design projects finished up for work so that I don't have to worry about it with baby here. Hopefully I have enough time to finish it all up!
I'm still feeling good. My joints are starting to hurt a little more as they loosen and prepare for this baby but nothing too serious (just not fun sitting at my computer most of the day). I'm a little crampy feeling today but don't know if that really means anything. I haven't felt any contractions or anything yet.
Everything else at my appt today was good. I did lose 2 pounds since my last appt (That drops me down to 10 lbs overall weightgain) and my doctor was a little worried so she tested my thyroid. I should have that test back in the next couple of days and will keep you posted. Baby is still measuring good so there is no risk there. It just doesn't make sense why I'm not gaining any weight because I'm eating like an elephant!! I'm not kidding! I start going to see the doctor every week now until we deliver. I'll keep you updated.

36 Weeks





































We have the nursery pretty much all finished now. This baby better be a girl because it's definitely PINK! I made the bumpers and crib skirt and covered the lamp. It was a little frustrating because I don't know how to sew all that well but I think they turned out great. I'm very happy with them. My grandma would be proud! :) The walls are still pretty bare so I need to find something to go on them and a little more decorating to do but other than that, I think we're done. How cute are the letters above the crib? My friend Corrie made those and gave them to me as a shower gift. Thanks girl!!
I'm so glad that it all came together. It's very peaceful just sitting in there thinking about the sweet little girl that's going to be living in there very soon. (maybe sooner than we think!































Hope you all are doing well. Please keep baby Taylor and John and I in your thoughts and prayers and we near the big day! We'll keep you updated!

7 comments:

Creative Genius (at work) said...

Oh my god, this is SO exciting! I am thrilled for you two (you three!) and am sending you my love!
:) Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we're just days away from welcoming baby Taylor! Her room is SO CUTE! It brought tears to my eyes! I'm so happy for you guys! Can't wait to teach her how to drink apple juice from her bottle! :-)
Hugs,
Aunt Denise

Anonymous said...

So I decided to check out this blog thing & I saw the picture of our sweet little Brittnie standing in front of the white door in her cute little shirt & then I scrolled down & Holly ----! There was more than I was expecting to see! You sure are purdy tho, belly & all. Can't wait to hold little Taylor Weed! Prayin for smooth delivery & Daddy John not passin out! Love you all! (bet you never thought you'd see me doin this)

Anonymous said...

I cannot get over how absolutely adorable you are! And her room. How exciting! I am thrilled for you. Congrats and I'll say a prayer for the new lil one!

PS - LOVE the black/white/pink theme!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Who knew you knew how to sew? Such a hidden tallent. I should have hit you up on a quilt back in our dorm days:) So happy to hear things are going well. There's no better news than a healthy mom and healthy baby. I can't believe how close you are to being proud parents to a little girl. The nursery looks awesome but you look even better. Let's just say I beat your weight gain by 40 lbs. I know, you're jealous:) I can't wait for Taylor's arrival. Good luck and we'll be thinking of you. Love, Jess

Sand Castle said...

Oh I know I have said this to you before, but you are seriously THE cutest pregnant woman I have ever seen. You look great and I love the big belly!!!! Oh and I definitely have all of you beat in the weight gain department, I won't even say how much more than you, but let's just say it's over 50 pounds. :) I am so extremely excited for you and John to experience the true and utter joy it is to have your little one in your arms. It's hard work but it is so beyond worth it that it makes me get tears in my eyes just remembering that first moment when I saw Jeff.... Now he'll be one on Saturday! Time flies! I hope you have wonderful peaceful restful final days of pregnancy before Taylor arrives. SO EXCITING! Love you all so much! meg :)

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you are so close and you still look so great! The room looks great, she will love it! We're around this weekend, give us a call if you aren't too busy and take care of yourself!

Shannon