Friday, March 9, 2012

Project Warm-Up and visit with the great grandparents.

At the beginning of December we took a trip to Sioux Falls to help John's sister, Tracy with Project Warm-Up.  Our niece, Kaitlin started Project Warm-Up in 2006 when she was a senior in high school and after she graduated Tracy took over. There are over 1,000 homeless children in the Sioux Falls area so with the help of many volunteers they get together and make fleece blankets so that the kids have something to call their own for the holiday season. It is a great time making the blankets and knowing that they are going to very deserving children. This year there were 1, 385 blankets made. It was such an honor to be a part of it!

Me (and baby Devyn) sorting through the mountains of fleece.
After leaving Sioux Falls, we stopped at my grandparent's house in Chamberlain. I always love seeing them and wish we could spend more time together. My grandma made us a wonderful lunch and we spent a couple of hours with them just chatting and catching up. Taylor loves them and had fun playing with the toys in the cabinet. The same ones were in there when I was little and it always brings back fun memories of playing with my cousins when I see them :)

Taylor and my beautiful grandma

Taylor and Grandpa Great :)  How sweet is this pic?


0 comments: